Our mission statement is to help people be better. We intend to educate and to continue to learn and grow ourselves – to help our customers improve and thrive as they help us to do the same. We know we have a lot of work to do to fulfill this mission and we are the first to acknowledge that we are a work in progress – that things won’t always be perfect.
We want to ensure that all people, particularly marginalized and those in crisis, can improve and thrive and therefore we are adding steps to help elevate Black + BIPOC communities and athletes.
We condemn racism. We stand with people all over the world who seek an end to racism in all its manifestations.
Here is what we as a company are taking action on and continuing to explore immediately. We’ll adjust and adapt as we learn more about how we can use our voice and our influence as a force for change.
- Posting all new positions on Black + BIPOC job boards
- Seeking out Black + BIPOC businesses as vendors and partners
- Seeking out and supporting Black + BIPOC endurance athletes and youth programs in our core sports.
- Conducting employee trainings on diversity and inclusion topics
- Adding language to our employee handbook that condemns racism
- Representing a racially diverse set of athletes in our brand storytelling and imagery
We are taking these actions as a company, and we are also taking additional action as individuals. We acknowledge that this isn’t perfect and our work doesn’t end here. There are more steps to take, details to be filled in, and accountability to be held. We invite our community members to reach out to us at email@example.com to help identify more ways we can improve ourselves, and our community.
Thanks for supporting our small and independently owned business as we work to support you and your active life and as we continue to listen, learn, and make progress.