baked apple cider donuts
Upgrade your fall donut ride with donuts from scratch with Skratch! electrolyte donuts, you heard it here first.
The best rides and adventures end with good food. And no donut ride is complete without… donuts. Make your donut count by also getting your Skratch in your snack. Here is our recipe from apple cider donuts using our Limited Edition Sport Hydration Apple Cider. Happy snacking!
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 cup unsalted butter, melted or super softened
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 scoop of Sport Hydration Mix Apple Cider mixed with 1/2 cup of water
for the topping:
• 6 tablespoons of butter
• 1-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp Sport Hydration Mix Apple Cider
• 1/3 cup of sugar
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease doughnut pans enough to make 12 (or a 12-cup muffin tin) with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, spices and whisk to combine.
4. In a bowl or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated after each addition, scraping the bowl as necessary. Add in sport hydration mix and water blend. Add the vanilla extract.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated.
6. Spoon the batter into prepared doughnut pans, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.
7. Bake until evenly golden brown, 12 to 16 minutes. Rotate the pans halfway through baking. (If you are making muffins, bake for 16 to 20 minutes)
8. While the donuts bake mix dry topping ingredients together. In a separate small bowl, melt butter.
9. Let the donuts cool for 5 minutes after baking, remove from the pans, brush or dip into butter and dredge them in the powder while they are still warm. Serve immediately, or let cool to room temperature.
Best served (after a hard ride or run in the cold) with Sport Hydration Apple Cider or Horchata Recovery Mix prepared hot.