baked electrolyte donuts
Upgrade your donut ride with donuts from scratch with Skratch! electrolyte donuts, you heard it here first.
The best rides and adventures end with good food. And no donut ride is complete without… donuts. Make your donut count by also getting your Skratch in your snack.
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• For a spiced donut:1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• For summer donut: 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 cup unsalted butter, melted or super softened
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 scoop of Sport Hydration Mix mixed with 1/2 cup of water
for the topping:
• 6 tablespoons of butter
• For spiced: 1-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• For summer: 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tsp Sport Hydration Mix
• 1/3 cup of sugar
For vegan or gluten-free: sub your preferred products for flour alternatives, butter subs, eggs subs, etc.
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease doughnut pans enough to make 12 (or a 12-cup muffin tin) with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, spices and whisk to combine.
4. In a bowl or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated after each addition, scraping the bowl as necessary. Add in sport hydration mix and water blend. Add the vanilla extract.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated.
6. Spoon the batter into prepared doughnut pans, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.
7. Bake until evenly golden brown, 12 to 16 minutes. Rotate the pans halfway through baking. (If you are making muffins, bake for 16 to 20 minutes)
8. While the donuts bake mix dry topping ingredients together. In a separate small bowl, melt butter.
9. Let the donuts cool for 5 minutes after baking, remove from the pans, brush or dip into butter and dredge them in the powder while they are still warm. Serve immediately, or let cool to room temperature.
Best served with our Horchata or Coffee Recovery Mix prepared hot or cold