Horchata Recovery Snickerdoodle Cookies
Super soft and full of cinnamon and Horchata Recovery! These are a Skratch staff favorite! Pack up for your ride, run, hike or grab one after a hard effort to refuel your tank.
2 cups room temperature, unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup (260 g) castor sugar
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp (8 g) vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups (475 g) all purpose flour
1/3 cup (70 g) Skratch Horchata Recovery
2 tsp (9 g) cream of tartar
1 tsp (6 g) baking soda
1/4 cup (50 g) castor sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl or stand mixer for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, beat again for 7-8 minutes or until light and airy. Scrape down the sides.
3. Sift flour, Skratch Recovery, cream of tartar, and baking soda directly into the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated and homogeneous. Be careful not to over mix the dough.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours or ideally overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 365 degrees
6. In a small bowl, combine the additional castor sugar and cinnamon.
7. Take the chilled dough out and portion ~2 tablespoon (70 g) balls of dough. Roll them in the cinnamon sugar, then flatten into discs.
8. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes until the edges are just beginning to brown.
This recipe was created by Skratch Staffer Logan Peiffer. Logan is an all-star bike mechanic, avid cyclist, and a lover of all things baked goods!